- To conduct anthropological research on contemporary society and to make research materials available for Masters' in Social Anthropology students;
- To contribute to public and academic debates on key issues for Lithuanian society;
- To organize dissemination activities, such as conferences, workshops, seminars, courses and summer schools;
- To maintain professional links with other academic and research institutions in the field of anthropology and related disciplines;
- To prepare academic publications.